Click the job titles below to explore available career opportunities.
Reports to Vice President, Membership
Retain current members and recruit new members by cultivating and building relationships with businesses with an ability to communicate policy issues that may affect their business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Retain Current Members
- Responsible for retaining members in their territory
- Reach out to current members on a regular basis
- Research current membership for investment increase opportunities
- Communicate legislative issues of concern to members
- Bring past due accounts current
- Work with communications department to highlight companies in blog & Ohio Matters magazine
- Explain new member benefit opportunities
- Be a resource for your members
Recruit New Members
- Work with Vice President, Membership to set annual goal
- Create and maintain prospect list
- Research new businesses in Ohio to discover membership investment opportunities
- Attend networking events to meet new prospects
Organize Participation in Conferences & Seminars
- Work closely with Manufacturing Education Council on conferences
- Manage set up, tear down and shift scheduling for trade show table
Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Understanding of how state government affects business
- Professional in appearance and poise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Personal belief in free enterprise
- Team Player
- Political involvement and fundraising experience
- Understanding of Salesforce (CRM)
- Familiarity with Western Ohio
- Experience owning or managing a business
- Office hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm in Columbus, Ohio
- Travel 30% of time within Ohio
- Some evening events
- 40 hours a week + special events
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Set up and tear down trade show equipment
If interested in this career opportunity, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected].
Montana Chamber of Commerce is looking for their next CEO / President in Helena, MT. This person will be responsible for growing and maintaining the organizations strength and viability while working within budget. This person will also be tasked with program and resource development while working closely with the Board of Directors.
We are looking for someone with proven experience in moving a member-driven organization forward who can take a visionary approach to the Chamber’s current strategic plan and beyond.
This person must have director-level experience with a nonprofit or trade association or have other c-level management experience. Starting range is $140K to $180K DOE plus benefits.
To view the full job description please download the PDF document below:
For more information, contact our professional recruiter, Amy at 406-752-0191 or email your resume directly to [email protected]