Click the job titles below to explore available career opportunities.
Vice President Sales & Engagement
Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber of Commerce
LOCATION: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Are you looking for a place where “new and different” is expected vs. dismissed?
- Seriously… think about it. How often do you have the chance to change the future of your community?
- Join the team that is a bold voice for the business community on every major issue facing this community: talent, inclusion, transportation, economic development policy, business growth, data, and more.
- Join the team that brings together and leads our region’s diverse and growing business community.
CLIENT SUMMARY: The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber grows the vibrancy and economic prosperity of the Cincinnati Region. It does so by serving as a bold voice for the interests of nearly 4,000 member businesses representing over 300,000 employees. As the largest business organization in the region, the Chamber is committed to expanding the area’s talent base
by attracting new residents and finding new ways to connect employers to skilled workers. With a clear eye on Cincinnati’s future, and with intentional inclusion in everything they do, the Chamber is on a path to help transform this region into the hottest city in America.
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President Sales & Engagement will join a
dynamic organization to provide and execute a strategic vision to sustainably recruit new members and engage current members. This person will bring demonstrated sales leadership experience to provide a modern, analytical sales and marketing approach to attract new business members. Leading a team of 10 with two direct reports, the Vice President Sales & Engagement will be passionate about the mission of the Chamber and partner with area business leaders to develop and
strengthen strategic partnerships and member engagement opportunities.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow revenue through securing new members, retaining members, introducing new products, and generating sponsorship dollars
- Track and share KPIs and key metrics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Infuse a culture of innovation with a passion for the member experience and an ability to activate member engagement.
- Experience developing and executing the strategy for a sales team.
- Ideally having been the member of a leadership team with other functional leaders.
- Create seamless operational processes and evaluate CRM options to serve Chamber business model and members.
- Build and deliver a reputation as a trusted advisor, building relationships by trust through competency, service delivery and thought leadership.
- Serve as the Chamber’s brand ambassador and forge new relationships with current and prospective members.
- Continuously build awareness of best practices and monitor trends among other sales organizations to keep the Chamber at cutting edge of best practices.
- Direct experience with – and a perspective on – the strategies around inclusion and diversity which are key values at the Chamber.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 10 – 15+ years of proven sales and executive leadership experience.
- A strong business presence, ability to influence, and effective communication skills to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Well-connected across the Cincinnati region (or your home market) with a reputation as an expert sales and business leader.
- Strategic thinker who can connect vision and strategy to tactical execution.
- Track record of leading, building, developing, and holding staff and teams accountable for achieving desired results.
- Experience developing and introducing new products and services successfully
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, engage, and build trust with members and staff.
- Strong financial, analytical, and business acumen.
- Sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Customer focus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Establishes metrics and exceeds expectations
- Decisive with sound judgment
- Motivates others and fosters a strong sense of team morale
- High level of integrity
- Takes initiative and thinks proactively
- Thinks creatively with hands on approach to solving problems
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience the outcomes of your work through visible community growth
- Feel a strong sense of accomplishment as you and your team build a stronger business
- Know you’re leading a team toward its goals for a Future City – and becoming known as
the hottest city in America!
Reports to Vice President, Membership
Retain current members and recruit new members by cultivating and building relationships with businesses with an ability to communicate policy issues that may affect their business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Retain Current Members
- Responsible for retaining members in their territory
- Reach out to current members on a regular basis
- Research current membership for investment increase opportunities
- Communicate legislative issues of concern to members
- Bring past due accounts current
- Work with communications department to highlight companies in blog & Ohio Matters magazine
- Explain new member benefit opportunities
- Be a resource for your members
Recruit New Members
- Work with Vice President, Membership to set annual goal
- Create and maintain prospect list
- Research new businesses in Ohio to discover membership investment opportunities
- Attend networking events to meet new prospects
Organize Participation in Conferences & Seminars
- Work closely with Manufacturing Education Council on conferences
- Manage set up, tear down and shift scheduling for trade show table
Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Understanding of how state government affects business
- Professional in appearance and poise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Personal belief in free enterprise
- Team Player
- Political involvement and fundraising experience
- Understanding of Salesforce (CRM)
- Familiarity with Western Ohio
- Experience owning or managing a business
- Office hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm in Columbus, Ohio
- Travel 30% of time within Ohio
- Some evening events
- 40 hours a week + special events
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Set up and tear down trade show equipment
If interested in this career opportunity, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]er.com.